Baxter Construction Company is a national construction management firm that features a great work environment and provides room for employee growth. For over 70 years Baxter has fostered a balanced family-work culture and as we continue to grow we strive to remain as adaptable, motivated, and responsive to our employees, both new and old, as we do to our clients. Our employees are our most important and greatest asset and it is our MISSION to develop leadership that creates excitement, fulfillment, and lasting relationships with the people, communities, and markets that we serve.
Baxter Construction Company is a fast-paced commercial builder that is seeking full-time, Entry Level Preconstruction Assistant that will be responsible for assisting the Preconstruction department. This position has room for advancement within the company.
Responsible for preparation of program, schematic, design document and construction document cost estimates as appropriate to each project. Assist in coordination of the design and bidding process with the project teams. Update and maintain cost history database. Review projects with the team after completion to implement improvements. Some additional duties are included below but not limited to:
- Assist and prepare bid advertisements and solicit bidders
- Assist and prepare design RFP’s and solicit architects/engineers
- Assist and prepare work scope packages and bid documents
- Upload and maintain bid documents on FTP site
- Assist and prepare quantity takeoffs, estimates and cost recaps
- Maintain and update master bidders list and project bidder’s lists
- Obtain, print and review plans and bid documents
- Assist with obtaining building permits and meeting local code requirements
- Assist in buyout and award of contracts and purchase orders
- Assist in design and value engineering
- Maintain and update master work scope templates
- General office duties
Baxter Construction uses Sage Timberline Office software, all Microsoft products, Bluebeam, Microsoft project, RS Means, CSI Codes, and SureTrak. Candidates must have strong skills in time management, communication, ability to work in tight deadlines and under pressure. Must have ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with all parties involved in the Preconstruction process.
Qualified candidates have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related fields; or High School Diploma (or equivalent) or Associates Degree in a construction related field.
Baxter Construction Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
-Job Type: full-time
-Salary: competitive salary based on experience
-Benefits: 401k, Profit Sharing, Health
-Required education: high school or equivalent as mentioned above
Your application was submitted successfully.